Intermediate Design/Modeling Engineer
Intermediate Design/Modeling Engineer – PTC/Creo Experienced
Location: Crane, Indiana FLSA Category: Exempt
Job Code: TML-CS Hourly/Salaried: TBD
Employment Duration: Full Time Clearance: Secret
The Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) has an immediate need for a Designer/Modeler to support development of 3D CAD models and drawing detail sheets using PTC Creo Parametric tools.
This position reports to the Director of Operations and assists the Engineering Team by delivering high quality design, design models and drawing detail sheets in support of our Defense industry customers. The ideal candidate will be able to excel in the performance of the following functions:
- Modeling of products, interfaces, mechanization, assemblies, and design functionality
- Product Definition via solid modeling, specifications, design drawings, and product data management using PTC/Creo and associated product data management products
- Product Investigation and Selection satisfying design and engineering requirements
- Attention to detail following prescribed techniques and standards set forth by Design/Engineering Management
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision of design/modeling activities of assigned product development and sustainment using the prescribed techniques and standards
- Check and Validate design/modeling of others in accordance with design requirements and standards of customers
- Quality Assurance of customer directed design/modeling products
- Configuration Management of design/modeling documentation
The work within the Engineering Team is performed onsite at the customer facility, so candidates for this position must be able to interface effectively in face-to-face meetings and also possess the ability to communicate through other means such as email, instant messaging, phone calls and voicemail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding and usage of PTC/Creo detail, design and modeling tools.
- Thorough understanding and ability to
- create, organize and manipulate large family tables using PTC Creo
- use and create relational parameters
- use and create models in a top down design environment
- create efficient models from the military specs which capturing critical features
- Thorough understanding and usage of product life-cycle management software (PLM), PTC/Windchill.
- Thorough understanding and usage of dimensional management, and tolerance analysis. 3D-GD&T experience desired
- Create/modify solid models and maintain configuration management of engineering drawings and technical data package elements (Generating and Incorporating ECNs)
- Design and drafting support to complete large complex assembly models and drawings for military support equipment, subassemblies and kits
- Prepare and maintenance of interface drawings and documents in support of complex assemblies and components.
- Prepare engineering and technical analysis reports, change proposals and other technical documentation as required by the customer.
- Understand and create drawings based on the Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG) and Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances as well as MIL-STD-31000
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 2-5 years of experience (preferred), or other related technical degree plus 10 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the structural and machine design of electo-mechanical equipment. Associated experience with manufacturing and inspection is also desired.
- Experience in integration of electo-mechanical system using CAD software of technical drawing creation, review, and change control
- Experience with the use and application of geometric tolerancing (GD&T) in product design and manufacturing
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG), MIL-STD-31000, DoD and industry documentation standards
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the use and functionality PTC Creo Parametric solid modeling design tools
- Two years minimum experience designing with PTC Creo Parametric 3D modeling and 2D drafting
- Thorough working knowledge and experience with Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), PTC Windchill PDMLink tools
- Two years (desired) experience using Windchill PDMLink. Windchill administrative experience desired.
- Ability to understand engineering product development needs and integrate processes and procedures to meet those needs
- Proficiency with software and computing environments including but not limited to Windows and Microsoft Office
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
Please send resumes to Jessica.Eastman@stsllc.tech