Intermediate Mechanical Engineer - PTC/Creo Experienced
Intermediate Mechanical Engineer
Location: Crane, Indiana FLSA Category: Exempt
Job Code: TML-CS Hourly/Salaried: TBD
Employment Duration: Full Time Clearance: Secret
The Engineering Team at Strategic Technical Services LLC (STS) has an immediate need for a Mechanical Engineer to support development of launcher support equipment.
This position reports to the STS Project Manager and assists the Engineering Team by delivering high quality mechanical engineering in support of launcher support equipment design, modeling, and system engineering for our defense industry customers. The ideal candidate will be able to excel in the performance of the following functions:
- Mechanical Engineering of products, interfaces, mechanization, assemblies, and design functionality. Employ machine design analysis, static/dynamic analysis, and system functional analysis of support equipment.
- Analytical Modeling of products, interfaces, mechanization, assemblies, and design functionality
- Product Definition via preliminary solid modeling, specifications, and product data management.
- Product Investigation and Selection satisfying design and engineering requirements
- Attention to detail following prescribed techniques and standards set forth by Design/Engineering Management
- Ability to perform duties with minimum supervision of design/modeling activities of assigned product development and sustainment using the prescribed techniques and standards
- Check and Validate design/modeling of others in accordance with design requirements and standards of customers
- Quality Assurance of customer directed design/modeling products
- Configuration Management of design/modeling documentation
The work within the Engineering Team comprise of customer and STS engineers, system engineers, designers, and users. Work is performed onsite at the customer facility. Candidates for this position must be able to interface effectively meetings and have the ability to communicate effectively verbally as well as through other means such as email, instant messaging, phone calls and voicemail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Thorough understanding and demonstrated ability using design and modeling tools.
- Thorough understanding and ability to:
- create, organize and manage the analysis and design of products
- use and create solutions within the design space defined by interface control documentation and functional requirements.
- direct and assist top down 3-D modeling via design of products
- create efficient analytical models and design concepts from user and military specs which capturing critical features of the product under development
- Thorough understanding and usage of product life-cycle management.
- Thorough understanding and usage of dimensional management, and tolerance analysis. 3D-GD&T experience desired
- Create/modify engineering analysis and models depicting product performance, functionality and interfaces.
- Ensure configuration control of engineering drawings, analysis, models and technical data package elements involved in the modification, creation and/or qualification of products.
- Oversee, direct and ensure quality of interface drawings and documents in support of complex assemblies and components.
- Prepare engineering and technical analysis reports, change proposals and other technical documentation as required by the customer.
- Understand and apply principles Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG) and Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances as well as MIL-STD-31000 to product definitions
- Bachelors’ Degree in Mechanical Engineering plus 5-8 years of experience (preferred), or other related technical degree plus 15-20 years of relevant work experience
- Experience in the structural and machine design of electo-mechanical equipment. Associated experience with manufacturing and inspection is also desired.
- Experience in integration of electo-mechanical system in a CAD environment. Familiarity with drawing creation, review, and change control.
- Experience with the use and application of geometric tolerancing (GD&T) in product design and manufacturing
- Knowledge of Engineering Drawing Standards Guide (EDSG), MIL-STD-31000, DoD and industry documentation standards
- Ability to understand engineering product development needs and integrate processes and procedures to meet those needs
- Proficiency with the application of mechanical engineering used in the design and development of mechanical and electro mechanical products.
- Proficiency with software and computing environments including but not limited to Windows and Microsoft Office, computer aided design, and computer aided analysis tools
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to work with minimal supervision
- 3-5 years’ experience designing with PTC Creo Parametric 3D modeling and analytical tools.
- Experience using Windchill.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the use and functionality PTC Creo Parametric solid modeling design tools
- Experience engineering systems with in a Government or Military environment